Take Control of your WordPress Plugin Stylesheets: Child Theme Configurator for PLUGINS
Now you can easily modify any WordPress Plugin Stylesheet installed on your website. The Child Theme Configurator Plugin Extension scans your plugins and allows you to create custom stylesheets in your Child Theme.
Why customize WordPress plugin stylesheets using the Child Theme Configurator Plugin Extension?
- Apply changes in a Child Theme without touching the plugin
- Keep all of your plugin customizations in easy reach for updating
- Identify and override exact selectors from the plugin stylesheet
- Change colors, backgrounds, font styles globally without changing other rules
- Tweak individual style selectors
- Automatically create and preview CSS3 gradients
- Automatically generate cross-browser and vendor-prefixed rules
- View style changes before committing to them
- Add and modify individual @media queries
- Import web fonts and use them for your plugins
- Save hours of development time
Plugin Stylesheets Overview
If you are using even one plugin, it often never quite matches your website. Plugin authors make an effort to keep their plugins generic so that they don’t interfere with the Theme, but even with vast knowledge and expertise in CSS, the process of identifying existing styles and determining the correct overrides to get the results you want can takes hours of development time.
The Child Theme Configurator Plugin Stylesheets Extension (by the team that brought you IntelliWidget) makes it easy to make your plugins match your Theme exactly.
You can create custom plugin styles from any plugin, even if it uses multiple stylesheets. The Child Theme Configurator Plugin Extension lets you choose from your installed plugins and save the results in your Child Theme directory.
- Download and install the latest version of Child Theme Configurator.
- Purchase and download the Child Theme Configurator for Plugins zip archive.
- In the WordPress Admin, go to Plugins > Add New.
- Click the “Upload” link at the top of the page.
- Browse your computer, select the zip archive, and click “Install”
- Activate the plugin through the “Plugins” menu in WordPress
Now that you are an expert with the Child Theme Configurator, select an existing Parent and Child Theme. IMPORTANT: Custom plugin styles are configured for a specific Child Theme, so you must create and select one first.
Now you can extend it using the “Extended Settings” tab:
Select the plugin stylesheet you want to customize from the “Source CSS to Activate” menu. IMPORTANT: some stylesheets may be used in the WordPress Admin only. Only front-end stylesheets can be used to customize your website. If you are not sure, refer to the individual plugin’s documentation to find the stylesheets to use.
Your active Source CSS options will now appear on the “Parent/Child” tab as the “Source CSS to Configure” dropdown menu:
Click “Generate Child Theme Files” and the plugin stylesheet can then be customized in exactly the same way as the Parent Theme stylesheet. If you need a refresher on using the Child Theme Configurator, read the instructions here.
A few more notes:
- The Child Theme Configurator Plugin Extension creates a new file for each Source CSS you active and puts it under the Child Theme in the “css” folder. If this directory does not exist, it creates it.
- You must submit the “Parent/Child” form whenever you switch from one Source CSS option to another. The Child Theme Configurator reads the existing stylesheet so your previous styles will be loaded automatically.
- If you need to deactivate a Source CSS option for any reason, you can use the “Source CSS to Deactivate” menu under “Extended Settings”:
Your license includes software updates when they are released. To configure WordPress to automatically alert you of available updates, enter your Update Key in the box under “Extended Settings”. Your Update Key was sent with the confirmation email you received with the download link.
Maintaining our reputation for excellent support is very important to us, so please do not hesitate to ask any question about this or any of our other plugins, large or small.
Need More Help? Contact Us!
Maintaining our reputation for excellent support is very important to us, so please do not hesitate to ask any question about this or any of our other plugins, large or small. You can also use the Child Theme Configurator Support Forum on WordPress.org. Don't forget to give us 5 stars!